Friday, February 4, 2011

Free to a Good Home: One Slightly Used Chocolate Lab

Oops. I guess I haven't done so hot with the regular posting in the ol' blog, have I? Rest assured it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that all four seasons of Heroes are available instantly on Netflix. Noooo, nothing at all. No sirree bob.

So, yeah. Still unemployed, although I went to court twice this week to cover for a friend. It was kind of awesome to be back in the saddle a bit, although the whole side switcheroo is a little disconcerting. It's been a very long time since I've been asked if I stipulate a factual basis, but luckily I remembered that the answer if most emphatically "yes." (My first day as a P.D. I was TOTALLY unprepared for a question of that magnitute and had to be told -- by the judge -- how to properly answer.)

I also forgot to sign the Boykin as the attorney. Again, it's been a long time. But I'm in the groove now! Business cards are on their way, so here's hoping that all my good friends go out and commit some crimes!

And in case you need a glimpse into the life of a mostly-unemployed lawyer, I offer this heart-warming vignette:

Last night, I had a meeting at church, and before I went I had time to make dinner, but not eat it. I called Todd on my way to the meeting and told him that there was a yummy pasta casserole, piping hot and wrapped up tight, sitting on the counter for him when he got home from work.

Well. As it turns out, when he actually got home, what he found was an almost-empty casserole dish. And one very full and content brown dog. Formerly known as Penny-the-Wonder-Puppy, now referred to as Food-Thief-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

So, for last night's dinner, I had $5 Little Caesar's pizza, Todd had half-eaten, dog spit-infused pasta casserole, and Penny had whole-wheat pasta with ricotta, parmesan, mozzeralla and homemade garlic scape pesto.

THIS is on top of the Great Cinnamon Roll Caper last week. It seems that dogs also know that the centers of cinnamon rolls are the tastiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment